Well now that Bonfire Night is safely out of the way, I feel safe in mentioning Shropshire Christmas Light Switch On. That’s the next big thing in my calendar anyway. It is the time of year when the heady scent of mulled wine rises up to touch frost-reddened noses. The moment when children vaguely consider behaving under stern threat of Santa’s List.
I thought it would be helpful to round up all of the main Christmas Light Switch On details in one place, so you can get your diary sorted. Potential to hit a couple here, if you really wanted too. Please note, details were correct at time of writing. Many are part of wider events but where the switch on time is stipulated I have put that. Where no specific time is set I have put the whole event time. See local press for further details. If anyone hears more about Wem or Ironbridge, let me know!
- Bishops Castle – Saturday 3rd December – 6pm
- Bridgnorth – Friday 25th November – 4pm – 8pm
- Broseley – Saturday 26th November – 7pm
- Church Stretton – Saturday 26th November – 5pm
- Donnington – Sunday 27th November – 4.30pm
- Ironbridge – Saturday 26th November – 6pm
- Ludlow – Saturday 26th November – 5pm
- Madeley – Saturday 26th November – 6.30pm
- Market Drayton – Saturday 19th November – 5pm
- Much Wenlock – Thursday 24th November – 7pm
- Newport – Friday 25th November – 6pm
- Oswestry – The Bailey Head – Thursday 17th November 4pm – 8pm
- Shifnal – Saturday 26th November – 2pm – 8pm
- Shrewsbury – Wednesday 23th November – 6.30pm
- Telford – Saturday 13th November – 5pm
- Wellington – Saturday 19th November – 5pm
- Whitchurch – Saturday 26th November – 5pm
🐐 Follow the Shropshire GOAT on Facebook for more events around the county.